thebooknerd

Emad Attely [The Book Nerd]

My biggest passion is reading books of any kind. I, simply, read in order to live.

موسم الهجرة الى الشمال
علي الوردي

The Book Thief

The Book Thief - Markus Zusak description

description
“There were people everywhere on the city street, but the stranger could not have been more alone if it were empty.”

I can't put my feelings into words. I would say I loved this book, but actually I can't! I'm very hesitant! It's the first time I feel that the word 'loved' can't express my true love! The Book Thief robbed my heart!

Imagine a world where being a real and passionate person means an everlasting strife! Imagine a life in which you're always afraid of something or someone! Scared of anyone knocking on your door at night! Or as the book said: “Imagine smiling after a slap in the face. Then think of doing it twenty-four hours a day.”

I will help you imagine all these things, just follow the steps below:
1. Close your eyes
2. Come closer, and bend down your ears
4. Listen to me, I'll give you one word:
5. "The Führer"
( Yes! Do you see all this destruction and horror? Look around you! That's it! )

There is light, though, amid all of the destruction. There is love, friendship, honesty, and real human bonds - these emotions keep us alive! With these emotions we conquer everything, even death!

The Book Thief hurt me, made my heart bleed with agony. It filled me with hope too, that our hearts are invincible, they don't die! If we could keep them pure and loving, we're immortals.

Check out my full review: