thebooknerd

Emad Attely [The Book Nerd]

My biggest passion is reading books of any kind. I, simply, read in order to live.

موسم الهجرة الى الشمال
وعاظ السلاطين
علي الوردي

The Real Inspector Hound

The Real Inspector Hound - Tom Stoppard description

This play is truly a maze. Sure, it is hilarious, but it leaves the reader with a peculiar sense of loneliness and strangeness! Just like life itself! I think that this play is meant to represent reality.
“MOON: Does this play know where it is going?
BIRDBOOT: Well, it seems open and shut to me”

While reading this play, readers cannot figure out where it is going. We, humans, actually ask the same question regarding life: Where is it going?

description

In my opinion, I think that Moon is the most important character in the whole play. He is the honest and true representation of the real helpless human being. His burning desire for a promotion reflects our different burning desires as human beings. Whenever he reviews plays, his theater colleagues inquire, “Where’s Higgs?” a question that diminishes his own sense of self. Every one of us experienced such a thing many times in hisher life, and that is why I think Moon is a genuine character despite his many faults, or even crimes maybe!

description

I really enjoyed reading this play. And I think that Stoppard showed us, through the shape of his play, how one man’s fate is another man’s fiction. Stoppard leaves us begging the inevitable, logical question: Whose illusion is our reality?

I recommend this play to all of my friends 