thebooknerd

Emad Attely [The Book Nerd]

My biggest passion is reading books of any kind. I, simply, read in order to live.

موسم الهجرة الى الشمال
Anna Grigoryevna Dostoyevskaya, خيري الضامن
وعاظ السلاطين
علي الوردي

Tess of the d'Urbervilles

Tess of the d'Urbervilles - Thomas Hardy, Tim Dolin, Margaret R. Higonnet description

Ok. I'm really disappointed!
I've been planning to read Tess of the d'Urbervilles for so long, and depending on the large number of its positive reviews, I expected it to be one of my all time favorites.

To be honest, I loved the first 100 pages of the novel and I really enjoyed them, but then I began to feel a little bored. As I approached the ending I was really messed up with so many feelings mixed together inside of me! Actually, I don't know whether I love or hate this novel! I really don't know!

You know, I think I neither love nor hate this novel! I feel neutral about it! I loved many things, and hated many things!
I loved its main idea: double standards! How women were (are) treated when they misbehave, and, on the other hand, how men were (are) treated when they do the same!
And I hated the so-freakin'-boring-flow-of-events-and-the-so-many-fuckin'-descriptions.

So, all in all, I think 3 stars are fair enough! Even more than enough, maybe!

(Now, I'm planning to watch the BBC TV Series of the novel - I think I'll like it more than the book!! Well, I hope so!!)