thebooknerd

Emad Attely [The Book Nerd]

My biggest passion is reading books of any kind. I, simply, read in order to live.

موسم الهجرة الى الشمال

My Story

My Story - Marilyn Monroe, Ben Hecht, Joshua Green description

description

Marilyn Monroe!
Judging by her songs and movies, I've always looked at her as a sex icon! I've never imagined her to be such a deep and wonderful writer!

I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but I can tell you that as of this moment, this woman has become one of my favorite characters! She's become one of my teachers!
She taught me a very important lesson: not to judge people, and to know that when I judge people I actually judge myself! When I say: "Marilyn is a bad person", I actually say: "I'm a bad person"!!!

"People had a habit of looking at me as if I were some kind of a mirror instead of a person. They didn’t see me, they saw their own lewd thoughts. Then they white-masked themselves by calling me the lewd one.”

After I finished this amazing memoir, I mourned Marilyn. Her entire life - especially her childhood - was tragic! Now, when I look at her pictures I see a huge amount of bitterness in her eyes! I know now that, regardless of her enormous fame, she was a very sad person!
She was just a little innocent sweet girl, who wanted to be happy.
She didn't know her father, and her mother was sent to a mental institution when Marilyn was little! Her only family was her aunt Grace.

{ this is one of my favorite parts }:

"But there was no bitterness in my aunt. Her heart remained tender, and she believed in God. Nearly everybody I knew talked to me about God. They always warned me not to offend Him. But when Grace talked about God, she touched my cheek and said that He loved me and watched over me. Remembering what Grace had said I lay in bed at night crying to myself. The only One who loved me and watched over me was Someone I couldn’t see or hear or touch”

I highly recommend this book to all of my dear friends.

R.I.P Marilyn.