thebooknerd

Emad Attely [The Book Nerd]

My biggest passion is reading books of any kind. I, simply, read in order to live.

موسم الهجرة الى الشمال
وعاظ السلاطين
علي الوردي

Hell

Hell - Henri Barbusse, Robert Baldick description
“Who will dare to tell everything?
who will have the genius to see everything?”

This book is a maze. It's like a very difficult puzzle that nobody can solve. And when you read it, you realize that that maze and that puzzle are just YOU! It's a mirror actually, simply reflects your own image. When you see your image , you'll be really shocked! You'll scream for help maybe! You'll realize the "Hell" you're living in.

“There is no hell, no inferno except the frenzy of living.”

It's in this book you'll meet yourself. It's one of the best books I've ever read.
It's the story of a man who watches his neighbors through a hole in one of the walls in his room. Though he tells different stories, but you can sense a lot of similarities between them. They're all talking about the same "tragedy": Life!

“In life's tragedy, separation is the only thing one sees”

It's about loneliness. It's about an outsider, who deeply feels that he doesn't belong to this world. And he believes that people all over the world are outsiders, but they're lost and blind and don't know it!

“Like everybody else I am a copy of the truth spelled out in the Room, which is, "I am alone and I want what I have not and what I shall never have." It is by this need that people live, and by this need that people die.”

“If everyone were like me, all would be well.”

I strongly recommend this book. It's a must read. It's really unique.
When we realize that we're living in "Hell", we'll search for "Paradise" and we'll find it.