thebooknerd

Emad Attely [The Book Nerd]

My biggest passion is reading books of any kind. I, simply, read in order to live.

موسم الهجرة الى الشمال
SPOILER ALERT!

The Dream of a Ridiculous Man

The Dream of a Ridiculous Man - Fyodor Dostoyevsky description
One word: INCREDIBLE!
I don't know what to say actually!
Dostoyevsky is the best!

This short story describes life. It talks about our corrupted world and souls.
It's a dream .. " “A dream! What is a dream? And is not our life a dream?”
A dream about a beautiful world where humans are loving, gentle and good: “they did not even know what the words meant” and “There was scarcely any illness among them, though there was death; but their old people died peacefully, as though falling asleep, giving blessings and smiles to those who surrounded them to take their last farewell with bright and lovely smiles. I never saw grief or tears on those occasions, but only love, which reached the point of ecstasy, but a calm ecstasy, made perfect and contemplative”
It's a perfect world. It's the world as it should be.

In the story you see clearly that bad humans who are incapable of love are “like a germ of the plague infecting whole kingdoms” as Dostoyevsky describes them.
Love shall prevail. It's the essence of happiness and prosper. “The chief thing is to love others like yourself, that's the chief thing, and that's everything; nothing else is wanted”

At the beginning of the story, the narrator turned his back on a little girl who begged him to help her. At the end, when he knew the truth and realized that love is the key, he decides to fix himself first. He says: “And I tracked down that little girl … and I shall go on and on!”
This is the point of the whole story. To teach you how to love.

I highly recommend it.