thebooknerd

Emad Attely [The Book Nerd]

My biggest passion is reading books of any kind. I, simply, read in order to live.

موسم الهجرة الى الشمال
Anna Grigoryevna Dostoyevskaya, خيري الضامن
وعاظ السلاطين
علي الوردي

The Brothers Karamazov

The Brothers Karamazov - Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear description
Oh Dostoyevsky! You poor soul!

When I read you, I feel sadness penetrating so deep in my heart. You shatter my happiness into pieces, and you know what, I love that! If your novels make me sad, I won’t reject reading them! I will love to read them! I will spend every penny I have so I can get them, read them and cry!
Lisa said: “ I should like some one to torture me, marry me and then torture me, deceive me and go away. I don’t want to be happy!”. I agree with her!

Dostoyevsky is great. When I read his works I feel like he’s talking about me, describing my emotional and mental state. It’s not easy to describe the human soul so deeply unless you were going through the same emotional problems. And for that I think Dostoyevsky’s soul was very complicated.

The Brothers Karamazov is one of his best works. It’s one of the best novels all over the world. It’s one of the novels that you can’t read in one sitting, and at the same time when you start reading it you can’t let it go! It’s huge, and captivating!

I tried to classify it, but I couldn’t. it simply talks about EVERYTHING! Politics, Religion, Love, Hate, Greed, Thrift, Generosity, Evil, Good, Crime, Virtue … and much more!
I highly recommend it for anyone who likes to take a journey into his own soul. No doubt this novel will blow your mind.

Though I’ve just finished it, I already miss it!