thebooknerd

Emad Attely [The Book Nerd]

My biggest passion is reading books of any kind. I, simply, read in order to live.

موسم الهجرة الى الشمال
وعاظ السلاطين
علي الوردي

The Picture of Dorian Gray

The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde, Jeffrey Eugenides description
I wouldn't be exaggerating if I said that this novel is one of the GREATEST novels I've ever read in my whole life!
Oscar Wilde ripped my heart off like a charming bloody vampire and threw it inside his book, between his words, where I shall never be able to get it back. I'm sure I won't be able to enjoy any other work of fiction for a long time.

Dorian Gray, that fascinating and beautiful young man, leads us through many philosophical and emotional caves. He makes us think about things that have never occurred to us.
" What does beauty mean?
What does happiness mean?
What's more important: the body, or the soul? "

The story is great because it talks about everyone of us. It talks about our deep desires and dreams. It may seem, to some people, a mere work of imagination. But, I think, if you read this novel with your heart - not your mind - you'll see it differently. You'll know that it's real, that it talks about a real issue. Because, you know, it's how literature teaches us. It always confronts us with shocking images. Shocking but true. And, for sure, this novel was really really shocking, but very very true!

I'm glad I read this masterpiece. I think I'm lucky! Not reading such a wonderful novel is a curse! For that, I highly recommend it:)